You have no items to compare.
Old Lady Lunch Scallops
Submitted by a platinum member *Use organic ingredients when possible.
1 lb All-Natural Sea Scallops
3 T Butter
1 pound asparagus (1" long)
1/2 pound mushrooms
1 onion chopped
1/4 dry white wine
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup half & half
1. Over medium heat saute mushroom, asparagus and onion in butter
Remove to bowl
2. Cook scallops in white wine and salt until tender, not rubbery
3. Stir in half & half and veggies (heat through)
4. Serve with bread and organic salad of choice.
Gratin of Potatoes, Onions & Chef Niemers Organic Polish Sausage.
Serves 6 People
½ cup – Diced Onions
3 Tbsp – Butter
3 ea – Diced Chef Niemers Organic Polish sausage
3 cups – Diced raw potatoes
4 ea - eggs beaten
1 ¾ cups - Heavy whipping cream
3 cloves - Minced garlic
½ cup – Grated Gruyere cheese
1. Cook the onions & garlic in the butter until the onions are translucent.
2. Par-cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 7 minutes. (drain water after)
3. Spray a baking dish with oil spray.
4. Place some of the onions, sausage and potatoes on bottom of baking dish.
5. Pour over the eggs & cream.
6. Place the remainder of the potatoes, onions, and sausage in the baking dish.
7. Add the grated cheese.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 – 35 minutes or until nicely brown.
(serves 4-6) *Use organic ingredients when possible.
4 ea – Medium size Sweet Potatoes
2 each – Organic Apples
1/2 tsp – Cinnamon
1/2 tsp – All Spice
1/4 cup – Organic Sugar of choice
1/8 cup – Organic Milk
3/4 cup – chopped walnuts
1. Bake Sweet Potatoes at 400 degree until soft.
2. Dice cored apples in place in medium sauce pan with 1/4 cup of water. Add Sugar. Stir. Simmer covered on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until apples are soft but not mush.
3. Peel and dice sweet potato in large mixing bowl. Add apples, milk, cinnamon, & all spice. Mix with electric mixer until soft like mashed potatoes (chucked apples are okay). Add milk if needed and additional spices and sugar to taste.
4. Place in serving dish and sprinkle top with chopped walnuts. Serve warm.
Amazing Organic Pumpkin Dessert
Submitted by Sandy Aesoph *Use organic ingredients when possible.
6 – eggs slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups – organic sugar
1 to 2 1/2 – organic pumpkin (canned)
1 tsp – sea salt
2 tsp – organic cinnamon
1/2 tsp – organic cloves
1 tsp – organic ginger
2 cups – evaporated milk
1/2 cup – organic butter
1 box – yellow cake
1 cup – walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9 1/2 x 11 cake or casserole dish
2. Mix all ingredients in order.
3. Crumble 1/2 cup butter with 1 box yellow cake
4. Poor batter mixture in to cake or casserole dish
5. Top batter with crumble mix and walnuts
6. Bake at 350 for one hour or until done.
Chef Niemer’s Organic Sausage Chef Niemer’s Organic Beef Pot Roast ®
(serves 10-14 people) Make sure to use all organic ingredients
7 – 10lb - Organic rump roast, bottom round chuck
1 ½ cups - diced carrots
1 ½ cups - diced celery
2 cups - diced onions
4 cloves - finely diced garlic
4 sprigs - Fresh thyme
2 ea - Bay leaves
6 Cups - Dry red wine
4 Tbl - Butter
1/3 Cup - olive oil
4 – 6 Cups - Beef stock
2 ea - Pig’s feet
1 Tbsp - Arrowroot (If you want a thicker sauce)
1. Place the beef into a plastic container with the carrots, onions, celery, fresh thyme, and bay leafs. Cover all of the ingredients with the red wine. (Marinate for 12 -24 hours) Obviously you must do this step a day or two ahead. Marinating the meat will help to break down the connective tissue in the beef, which will help to make it more tender.
2. One hour before you start the process you must remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Make sure you reserve the wine and vegetables. Strain the wine from the vegetables and reduce by half. Make sure you reserve the vegetables for the cooking process. (If you are not inclined to do this marinade step skip this part – but you will be sorry).
3. Heat oil and half the butter in your pan or crock pot (I have to admit that I don’t really cook with a crock pot, and don’t own one. But I’m sure that this recipe will still work.) Brown the dried meat on each side until you get a nice deep brown color on the meat. This is an important step. Browning the meat helps create the flavor of this dish. Chef’s call the brown stuff on the bottom of the pan after this process Chef’s Gold. Make sure you only brown a little of the meat at a time. Adding to much meat brings down the temperature of the cooking vessel and you end up steaming the meat. Place enough meat in the pan so that it is about ½ inch each apart from each piece of meat.
4. Now for you slow cooker fans you are ready to dump all the rest of the ingredients into your crock pot and – Set it and forget it – You must first add the wine and scrap the bottom of the pan. You can add the rest of the ingredients, Celery, onion, carrots, pig’s feet garlic, thyme beef stock. If you are using a standard oven cooking method follow same instructions as above.
5. If you use a crock pot follow the cooking instructions for a 7 – 10 lb piece of beef. If you cook in a regular oven like me, please follow these cooking instructions. Cover your pot and cook in a 300 degree oven 3-4 hours. Test a piece of beef at 3 hours to see if it is done.
6. If you want a thicker sauce take the arrow root and add it to some warm water to make slurry. Add the slurry to the mixture and wish it in. Let the arrowroot cook out for about 15min. It will thicken the sauce.
Sautéed Italian Sausage with Pepper Onion Relish
¼ cup – Seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
½ cup – Grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp – Snipped fresh parsley
¼ tsp – Salt
1 dash- Ground pepper
1 – Egg, beaten
2 Tbsp – Water
3 cloves – Garlic, minced
4 – Italian sausages sliced length wise
2 Tbsp – Olive oil
3 – Red, green, yellow sweet peppers cut into Julienne strips
2 – Large onions, thinly sliced
1 sprig – Fresh rosemary
3 Tbsp – Red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp – Butter
1. In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and black pepper. In another dish stir together the egg and water. Rub about half of the garlic over the sausages. Dip sausages in egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Set aside.
2. For the relish, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic, the sweet peppers, onion, and rosemary sprig; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter and remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, to desired doneness, turn once. Serve with the relish.
Chef Niemer’s Italian Sausage & Garlic Cream Sauce w/ Angel Hair Pasta
1 pkg – Chef Niemer’s Italian Sausage, diced
1 cup – Organic heavy cream
½ lb – Angel pasta
1 – Tomato, diced
2 – Red Peppers, sliced
5 cloves – Garlic, diced
1 – Medium onion, diced
1 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Sauté off Italian Sausage and set aside to cool and dice when cooled.
2. Place heavy cream into sauce pan and reduce by more than half set aside.
3. Boil water in medium sauce pan. Place enough water in pan to cook half a pound of pasta. 8 cups for a half of pound will work. Cook off pasta until it is el dente. Set aside.
4. Dice your tomato.
5. Dice Onion
6. Slice red peppers
7. Dice garlic
8. In a 10 to 12 inch skillet melt the butter and start sautéing garlic and onions peppers. When the pine nuts turn a golden brown add the pasta, diced tomato, heavy cream it sausage. Reheat all items until hot.
9. Add grated parmesan off the heat.
10. Season with Salt and Fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Light Hearted Grilled Polish Sausage and Angel Hair Pasta
Polish Sausages, sliced on the bias
1 can – Chicken broth
½ lb - Angel pasta
1 sprig – Fresh basil, minced
¼ cup - Pine nuts
½ stick - Butter
1 – Tomato
1. Grill sausages and set aside to cool and slice on the bias when cooled.
2. Place chicken broth into sauce pan and reduce by more than half set aside.
3. Boil water in medium sauce pan. Place enough water in pan to cook a half a pound of past. 8 cups for a half of pound will work. Cook off pasta until it is al dente (firm, but not hard). Set aside.
4. Dice your tomato.
5. Mince your fresh basil
6. In a 10 to 12 inch skillet melt the butter and start sauteing the pine nuts. When the pine nuts turn a golden brown add the pasta, diced tomato and chicken stock and sausage. Reheat all items until hot.
7. Add in the minced basil and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Three Pepper Steak
(serves 4 people) By: Allergy Free Mom.com
Mix the following with a wire whisk in a bowl, and set aside:
1 Tbsp – Rumford corn starch
1/3 cup – Brown sugar, packed
1 tsp – Sun Luck sesame oil
1 Tbsp – Wheat-free tamari (omit for soy allergy and replace with 2 tsp. kosher salt)
1 tsp – Garlic powder
1 cup – water
Meanwhile, begin preheating a cast-iron skillet on high heat. It’s important with this recipe to ensure the proper temperature. To test if the skillet is hot enough, I place an opened hand about an inch above the inside of the skillet. If the heat is unbearable after 5 seconds, it’s ready. If you test by using this method, please do NOT touch the skillet! Roughly chop the following ingredients while your skillet is heating:
1 cup – Onion
½ cup ea – red, yellow, and green bell pepper
1 cup – Beef Sirloin, sliced
2 tsp – Grape seed oil (or other high-heat oil)
Once your skillet is ready, evenly add in the sliced sirloin. Add in the two teaspoons of oil, and turn to coat the skillet. Do not stir. Do not reduce heat. Next add in your chopped vegetables and cook for 3 minutes; then stir. Cook for another 3 minutes, stir once more, and pour in the liquid. Make sure you whisk the liquid again just before adding it. Cook for two more minutes, stirring often. Serve over steamed rice.
Great Salmon Recipe
Grilled Salmon with Piccata Sauce - Serves: 4
4 – 6 Oz Salmon Filets
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Capers
¼ Cup White Wine
½ Each Lemon
Salt and Pepper
Pre heat grill. Season salmon with salt, pepper and olive oil. Grill salmon to desired doneness.
Sauté capers in a sauce pan, add white wine and reduce. Add butter and lemon. Season with salt and pepper and reduce slightly.
Top salmon with sauce and serve with roasted potatoes and your favorite vegetable.